Compliance to the business - Methods / Technical handling
Goals Qestit is a partner of the DevOps Institute and also regularly conducts training on DevOps and its impact on the testing profession.
- Understand the principles of continuous integration
- Integrate Jenkins with other tools (SCM, ticket manager...)
- Set up a Jenkins server to automate builds
- Automate tests, code audits and deployments on the Jenkins integration platform
- Deploy Jenkins on projects.
Developers, Architects, Project Managers, Quality Engineers...
Knowledge of Java and the software development lifecycle. Hands-on development experience on team projects is desirable.
1. Introduction to continuous integration
- Principles of continuous integration.
- Agile development and continuous integration.
- Prerequisites for continuous integration.
- Development techniques adapted to continuous integration.
- Different types of tests and auditing of an application.
- Life cycle of the development process.
- Ancillary tools and integration.
2. Installation and automation of the build
- Setting up the server, the different types of installation.
- Configuration: main configuration page, GIT/SVN configuration, mail server.
- Jenkins and the build, best practices and recommended methods.
- Notification strategies and techniques.
- Fixing dependencies between build jobs.
- Jenkins and Maven: reminder about Maven, Maven build configuration, deployment in a repository.
3. Quality of the code
- Introduction, intégration de la qualité dans le processus de build.
- Analysis tools: Checkstyle, FindBugs, CPD/PMD.
- Configuration of the quality report with the Violations plugin.
- Complexity report, on open tasks.
- Script and scenario setup in the controller
4. Test Automation
- Introduction, test terminology.
- Automation of unit and integration tests.
- Configuring reports.
- Measuring test coverage.
- Automating acceptance tests.
- Automating performance tests with JMeter.
- Optimize test execution time.
5. Automation of the deployment
- Implementation of the deployment script.
- Update of the databases.
- Minimal tests. Rollback.
6. Administration of a Jenkins server
- Enabling security and simple setup
- Different types of user bases
- Management of authorizations and roles
- Logging of user actions
- Disk space management
- CPU load monitoring
- Configuration backup
7. Multiple choice questionnaire to validate knowledge
- Theory and MCQs from devops institute, paper training material
- Sharing of experience
- Multiple-choice questionnaire
- 03.04.2023 - 04.04.2023 Lille
- 15.05.2023 - 16.05.2023 Remote
- 15.05.2023 - 16.05.2023 Paris
- 19.06.2023 - 20.06.2023 | Nantes
- 21.08.2023 - 22.08.2023 Remote
- 21.08.2023 - 22.08.2023 Paris